If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Probably more than you need to do, but totally worth it.
Skip the pancetta and use veggie broth instead of chicken to make a tasty vegetarian version. —enrique
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces pancetta, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced into strips
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 bunch hearty greens (chard, collards, kale, etc.), cut into strips
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth, or dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Heat the olive oil in a dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the pancetta and cook until cooked through. Scoop it out and reserve for another use. Or munch on it as you continue through the recipe.
- Saute onions until translucent. Add garlic and crushed red pepper and cook a minute longer.
- Deglaze pan with vermouth. Add broth and cook until total liquid reduced to 1/2 cup.
- Stir in greens. Lid the pot and cook until the greens are tender.