If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I picked a beautiful bunch of beets at the farmer's market last week and they just sat in the fridge.
I knew I wanted to do a pasta dish using the greens as well as the beets which were very small. So now the summer is really kicking in with our temperatures hovering near 100. I sure don't want to cook but I've got to deal with the beets. I put together a simple dish with just what was on hand. I didn't have to really cook and the results were pretty delicious and different. —blanka.n
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3/4 pound Hot sausage, cut up into small chunks
- 1 bunch Beets with greens attached
- 1/2 Chopped onion
- Salt and Pepper
- 3/4 cup Crumbled Goat Cheese
- 1/2 cup White wine
- 1/4 teaspoon Hot pepper flakes (if you're sausage isn't that hot)
- Grated Parmesan
- 1/2 pound Fusili or other pasta
- Trim beets and save the greens. Clean the beats but if they are small don't even bother to peel them. Roast the beets in 350 oven til done. (salt and pepper them with a bit of olive oil) About 3/4 of an hour. Rinse and chop the greens and throw away the red stems - although you could probably use those as well. Set aside.
- Saute sausage in a large pan in olive oil til brown. Remove from pan. Add onion and sautee til translucent. Add S&P. Deglaze with wine. Add Beet greens til wilted. Put sausage back in pan.
- Boil Pasta. When done, add to pan along with roasted beets and goat cheese. Toss all together and serve with Parmesan. You're going to have pinkish pasta but it will be good.