If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My hubby requested Indo-Chinese food for dinner. I was going to make noodles and fried rice but I wanted to make something new as well, so tofu lettuce wraps came to mind. I had never made them before and only had them once at P. F. Chang’s a few years ago! I went to Whole Foods and picked up butter lettuce, tofu and peanut butter. The peanut butter was probably the best I’ve ever had! It was the Whole Foods brand (365) peanut butter. So peanuty and so buttery…YUM! Move over Skippy & Jiffy.
Anyway, I came home and just threw some ingredients together and voila…came up with a delicious peanut sauce. Also, butter lettuce is preferred because of its smooth texture. And they’re small and cute! —themessimake.com
cup cubed firm tofu
tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
teaspoon minced garlic
tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts
head of butter lettuce (separated)
cup peanut butter
teaspoon agave nectar
tablespoon soy sauce
teaspoon rice wine vinegar
tablespoons Sambal Olek or Sriracha sauce
- Remove tofu from the package and drain out the water. Place tofu on several paper towels and gently press on it to get excess water out. Then cut the tofu in small cubes.
- Peanut Sauce: Using a whisk, mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok on medium heat.
- Add garlic & ginger and cook for 30-40 seconds. Be sure that the garlic doesn’t get burnt (it will turn brown and taste bitter).
- Add tofu and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add half of the peanut sauce and stir until tofu is coated with the sauce. Add more if needed and use the rest as dipping sauce.
- Mix in chopped roasted peanuts.
- Put a spoonful of tofu on lettuce leaves/cups and serve with extra peanut sauce and/or Sriracha.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soy