If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A sliced and toasted baguette spread with a generous amount of butter is my idea of a perfect snack, appetizer or accompaniment to any meal. One day, however, I decided to try adding scallions and parmesan to softened butter, and stumbled upon something delicious without being fussy or overly-seasoned. —dumbsaintofthemind
- 1 baguette
- 4 tablespoons softened salted butter
- 3 minced scallions
- 2 teaspoons grated parmigiano reggiano
- Slice baguette into 3/4 or 1 inch thick slices. Toast in a toaster oven, or on a baking sheet in the oven, until the edges are golden brown (about 3-5 minutes).
- Meanwhile, mince scallions and grate the parmesan cheese. Add these and the butter to a small bowl and mix.
- Once the slices of bread are toasted to your level of satisfaction, remove and arrange on a plate or serving dish. Then, generously spread the butter mixture across the tops of each miniature toast. Enjoy immediately.