Author Notes: my favorite irresistible south Indian snack .Today We made few EGG dosa our son Joseph's favorite If you didn’t like the egg dosa without the filling you can make the egg crepes without filling its very tasty. —pauljoseph
pound Long-grain rice(not basmati)
pound Split urad dhal
Ghee (Clarified butter)
1 or two(per dosa Crepes)
- Wash Soak Urad Dhal for 6 hours. And wash and soak rice and a pinch of Fenugreek For 10 hours separately
- Grind grams to a smooth frothy paste. Grind rice to a pouring consistency and mix both tougher and stir well . Keep aside for 8 to 10 hours.( at 90 degrees F.)
- Heat a non stick griddle or frying pan over medium –low heat Spread about ¼ teaspoon of oil evenly over the griddle Ladle ½ to ¼ cup of the batter into the center of the hot griddle and using the back of the ladle steadily spread the batter in a circular motion from the center out. creating a thin pancake
- As a crepe half cook pour one or two well beaten egg with little pepper and salt . When bottom turn golden brown(you can find in my picture). turn the other side and Fold the crepe in half egg side out and take out. Oiling the griddle each time. Serve hot.
- Now if you want to make a egg masala dosa Place the filling in the center and fold You can serve with Coconut chutney..
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes