If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I concocted this one evening after I realized that I hadn't had time to go to the grocery store and all that was left in my kitchen was a handful of very ripe fruit. The creamy avocado and tart dressing balance each other beautifully, while the sweet juiciness of the peach plays off the heat of the dressing as well. The pistachios add crunch and savoriness. Although I didn't have any on hand, this would also be great with some fresh goat cheese on top, or some grilled chicken to make it a meal. This recipe is easily scaled and adapted - have fun with it! —asalatis66
For the salad:
- 1 romaine heart, or an equal quantity other salad greens
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1 ripe peach, diced (I left the skin on)
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
For the dressing:
- Juice of one lime
- 1/4 cup olive oil (more or less, depending on how juicy the lime is)
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 1-inch segment ginger root, peeled and grated
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To make the dressing, combine the lime juice, garlic, ginger, cayenne, and mustard powder in a small bowl. Add the olive oil in a steady stream, whisking constantly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Tear the salad greens into bite-sized pieces. Place them in a salad bowl, add half the dressing, and toss to coat. Add the avocado and peaches and the remaining dressing and toss again, but gently so that the avocados don't turn to mush. Sprinkle the chopped pistachios on top and serve.