If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The original "easy white bread" recipe that my parents served on their wedding day, with the addition of fresh herbs. —Carly Groben
Makes 1 loaf
- 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water
- 1 packet yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil or melted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Sift flour and measure. Add fresh chopped herbs to flour.
- Stir sugar, salt and oil into yeast mixture.
- Add approximately half the flour and beat in electric mixer with dough attachment for 2 minutes at medium speed. Scrape bowl often.
- Add rest of flour and stir with spoon till well-mixed. Scrape down bowl.
- Remove dough to clean bowl, turn once in 1 tbl oil. Cover with cloth and leave in warm place 1 hour.
- Beat down batter. Put batter into greased loaf pan. Let rise till double in bulk (30-45 min.)
- Bake at 375°F for about 35-45 minutes or till bread sounds hollow when pecked.
- Rub margarine on hot crust. Remove bread from pan and let loaf cool on its side.