If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love mint and pistachios and really, pesto is of the gods. I'm going to serve this with grilled steaks, tortillas and corn tonight! I also think it'd be fantastic with grilled peaches! —em-i-lis
Food52 Review: WHO: em-i-lis is a stay-at-home mom and avid cook.
WHAT: A stunningly simple pesto as you've never seen it before with mint, pistachio, and lime.
HOW: If you can turn your food processor on, you can make this pesto -- but a mortar and pestle is welcome, too.
WHY WE LOVE IT: The pesto's slightly chunky texture allows the individual flavors to shine through while adding them all up into something even greater. And what wouldn't be better with a dollop of pesto on it? —The Editors
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1/3 cup roasted, salted, shelled pistachios
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1/4 lime
- Put the mint leaves, pistachios, garlic and salt into a small food processor or into a mortar. Process or crush until coarsely ground. In a steady stream, add the oil and lime juice until the consistency is of your liking. Voila!
- Your Best Recipe with Mint Contest Winner!