Author Notes: OK So corn on the cob is a hot commodity for grilling, boiling, and microwaving. But here is a technique that blows all those out of the water. Not only is it simple and mess free, but it also tastes like corn should taste: yellow kernels of candy. —me brumbaugh
- 6 Cobs of Corn
- Preheat your oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Leave the corn on the cob with its husks and silks attached.
- Toss the corn cobs on the middle rack of the oven lengthwise and spaced 1 inch apart.
- Roast for 30 minutes. Remove the center cob and pull back the husks just enough to test for doneness; the corn should have swollen shiny kernels with a few browned kernets.
- Remove the corn from the oven. Allow it to cool for 15 minutes. Wrap a kitchen towel around the base of a corn cob to hold it without getting burned as the husks retain some heat. Pull back the husks and silks at the same time; they will come off easily.
- Eat as is, or if you must, add some butter, or your favorite flavor combination, such as chili pepper and lime juice.