If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I get SOOOO much cabbage in my CSA every year I am constantly making slaws - of all types. I really like the way the blue cheese sets a sharp tone against the slightly sweet mayo-y sauce. Perfect to go on a grilled steak sandwich. —meganvt01
Food52 Review: This is a nice twist on the 'standard' cole slaw. The tanginess of the apple cider vinegar and saltiness of the blue cheese work so nicely with the crunch of the cabbage. Very tasty, and a pitch-perfect summer side. —Victoria Ross
- 5 cups mixed shredded cabbage (green, red, napa)
- 4 large carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- kosher salt and pepper
- Mix together the Dijon, vinegar, sugar, mayo, buttermilk, blue cheese, sugar, celery salt, and celery seeds in a bowl.
- Mix together the cabbage, onions, and carrots in a large bowl. Pour the blue cheese dressing over top. Season with salt and pepper.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mayonnaise-Based Salad