- Makes 4 burritos
Inspired by the fusion food trucks and guided by grain free alternatives, I started making these to pack when I windsurf. They don't keep well (the nori becomes soggy after 2 days) so eat within 1-1.5 days. They can be made ahead and assembled right before consumption. —happymontycooks
head of cauliflower, chopped into bite size pieces
cooked beans (black, pinto, kidney, etc.)
sheets nori (for sushi rolls)
- Roast cauliflower in 350 degree oven until tender and nicely browned, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and let cool enough to handle.
- hop cauliflower to tiny, rice-sized pieces. Place in a bowl and add harissa. Mix thoroughly.
- Mash avocado with lime roughly in a separate bowl. Add seasonings if desired-- cayenne pepper, cilantro, pepper, salt/soy sauce.
- Spoon cauliflower mixture onto the center of a sheet of nori. Top with cooked beans. Top with avocado mixture.
- Wrap like a burrito. Repeat with three remaining nori sheets.
- This is endlessly adaptable. The cooked beans can be flavoured (rajmah masala, sofrito black beans) or refried/mashed. Sriracha or kimchee instead of harissa.