If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is something I threw together one day when the fridge was over flowing with squash. I have used combinations of squash, or just one kind of squash and it has been devoured every time! —Spork
Makes: a lot
medium onion, chopped
garlic cloves, chopped
small to medium summer squash, chopped
cups vegetable broth
cups corn, fresh or frozen
cup cream, half and half, or milk
- Heat the oil in soup pan over medium heat.
- Add onions and a teaspoon of salt and saute until soft and turning brown.
- Add garlic, saute for about 30 seconds, just to heat them up a little.
- Add squash, cook until it turns a bit brown and gives off some of its water.
- Add broth, bring to a boil then turn the heat down and simmer uncovered for about ten minutes then remove from heat.
- Add cream and puree with an immersion blender or in batches in a regular blender.
- Add corn, return to heat and simmer gently until the corn is cooked to your liking.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, serve as is or with shredded cheese, croutons, or crackers. Enjoy!