Author Notes: This is my mother's recipe for potato salad. It is very simple but the briny pickles in it make it my all-time favorite. —Waverly
medium boiling potatoes
small sweet onions, Vidalia, Walla Walla, etc, finely chopped
cup small-dice sweet pickles
(2oz) jar pimientos, drained and finely chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
In This Recipe
- BOIL POTATOES: Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes and boil until tender. Drain the water. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- COMBINE: In a large bowl, combine the cooled chopped potatoes with the onions, pickles, and pimientos. Season to taste with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise with the mustard. Add enough of the mayonnaise mixture to bind the salad together.
- SERVE: If you are not serving the salad right away, cover and refrigerate.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mayonnaise-Based Salad