If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: While on a business trip to California with my husband the hostess served something she called garlic bread...not like any I'd had. However, it was a "secret" recipe. So after eating several loaves of bread I finally came up with something not entirely like her recipe, but good enough that our family won't let a holiday go buy "without asking where's the garlic bread".
I also serve this with luncheon salads... —Jeanne Barry
- 3/4 cup soft butter or margerine
- 1/2 cup Helman's mayonaise
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese plus some to sprinkle on top.
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Slice the loaf of bread vertically. Slice each half into strips about 1 1/2 inch wide
- Place butter or margarine, mayonaise and garlic powder in a food processor and mix well. Add the Parmesan cheese and pulse to blend. Add the pepper and mix.
- Spread the mixture liberally on the bread slices. Cut slice horizontally in half to make rectangles ... Place pieces on a cookie sheet that is lined with tinfoil.
- Bake at 425 degrees about 20 - 25 minutes...until golden brown and bubbly. Watch the bread carefully after 20 minutes as garlic bread tends to be suddenly done! Can be made ahead and then bake when the guests arrive.