If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have been trying to replicate the creamy jalapeno dip at Chuy's in Houston since I lived there some 15 years ago. this is my current version. Besides this salad I also use it for fish tacos and crudite. —Summer of Eggplant
Ears of corn
chili pepper like a poblano, or whatever you prefer
Creamy Jalapeno dressing
1 - 4.5
ounces can of green chiles
ounces sour cream
Juice of 1 lime
cloves of garlic, minced
tablespoons water from a jar of pickled jalapenos
- Remove the corn from the cobs.
- Oil a grill or grill pan and grill the pepper until charred all over. Alternatively, you could also roast it in the oven until blistered. Let cool then peel off the skin and de-seed.
- Place all of the dressing ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. this will make about a cup of dressing.
- Chop the pepper.
- Combine the corn and pepper with 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon of the dressing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mayonnaise-Based Salad