- Serves 4
You have, probably, seen the pictures of Alec Baldwin and his lovely yoga teacher bride (now a wife, I think.)
Alec is going for rejuvenation by marrying a young, vigorous, strong beautiful lady. Who blames him?
Somehow all of us occasionally make those “rejuvenation” moves. We either go on the diet, or join the sweat shop at the local gym, or in a case of middle age gentlemen, go for a Corvette or a boat! It is no secret that everyone one of us, in one way or another, constantly, consciously or subconsciously look for a way to rejuvenate and stall the moment, prolong the young life….
It is about recapturing lost youth, health, energy and passion. One form of rejuvenation is being picked up by corporations and offered in a way of health-improving methods called “detox and cleansing”. I found the link to this article on the blog Choosing Raw : NY Times: Cleansing from Cubicle to Cubicle
Cleansing juices is a blooming business nowadays. Well, if you ask me, and I hope you do,
this is another marketing trick to get you to spend money on a temporary result (if any) and have you to come back, all confused and try once again because it did not work the first time (because of your own fault, of course … if you ask them.)
Let’s go back to our conversation about “thinking and evaluating”. What the 3-day-calorie-exhaustion will do for you? You will drink juices for 3 days and then what? Please do not add your name to the list of the “Smart People Who Make Dumb Decisions”.
If you are serious about staying healthy, staying out of doctors’ offices and enjoy a long and a happy life with your family, you need to think along the lines of the: life style and not the “3day detox”.
That is why I continue the publishing of everything I learn and all I know about nutrition. That is why I am advocating yoga and outdoor activities in place of bouncing on a treadmill or a stationary bike inside of the gyms facilities smelling like sweat and iron. Connecting with Nature is rejuvenating and nurturing. That is who we are – the children of the Nature. The artificial stuff collides with our origin.
Naturally, we will grow old. But, at the same time, also naturally, all of us want to do that as painless as possible. Therefore, today, let’s remind ourselves what is important for our health, and in particular - joint health: it is movement and nutrition.
I caught a conversation between yoga therapists on one of the Yoga chat rooms. They were discussing how important it is to support two main tissues, collagen and cartilage, with the proper diet and supplements.
1. Make sure you eat the food rich in and supplement your diet with vitamin C. I blend the whole lemon in my green smoothie daily.
2. I try to eat one avocado a day, either it is in a salad, the lettuce wraps or in a smoothie.
3. I make sure my body receives plenty of lysine and proline by snaking on raw nuts daily.
4. I know it is important for my joints to have plenty of silica, so I add cucumbers, onions to my leafy vegetables salads. I also blend cucumber in my green smoothies.
5. I take supplement of glucosamine, type II collagen, and sulfur (MSM).
6. The wild caught fish is 2-3 times a week is a must for my dinner plate to assure I get enough of omega 3 fatty acids.
7. My food is rich in antioxidants to assure I help my body to repair and build healthy tissue.
It is not a diet, it is the way I eat and live. I am not rewarding myself with the deep fried chicken, like some people suggested to me. I do not see it as a reward; I see it as a punishment. It is mind over matter. Until you continue thinking that you have to eat right and reward yourself for being a ‘good boy/girl” with some toxic but “super delicious” fried, soaked in a sugary sauce chicken wing, you will continue struggling.
With that…. Allow me to suggest you introduce into your menu this perfect soup, instead. Reward yourself by eating this! It is super delicious and healthy! I gobbled it so fast today, hoping that no one will see me liking the bowl.
Try it and tell me what is wrong with eating this healthy food?
3 celery sticks
½ sweet large onion
½ butternut squash
2 med size apples (peeled)
2 cups of organic Veggie Stock
To taste: Sault, pepper, lemon paprika, 2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp of chopped parsley (optional)
Chop celery, onion, peel and chop apples and butternut squash. Sauté it in organic Veggie Stock for 5-7 minutes. Do not overcook. Blend all the ingredients besides the mango and parsley.
Serve the soup dressing it up with the chopped mango and parsley.
large sweet onion
organic Veggie Stock
Sault, pepper, lemon paprika, 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Chop celery, onion, peel and chop apples and butternut squash. Sauté it in organic Veggie Stock for 5-7 minutes. Do not overcook. Blend all the ingredients besides the mango and parsley. More posted on http://naturehealthandyoga.blogspot.com . Serve the soup dressing it up with the chopped mango and parsley.