If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A buttery shortbread flavored with spruce tips, in case you've decided to get into foraging! —fiveandspice
Makes: an 8x8 pan of cookies
cup fresh spruce tips (buds)
cup all purpose flour
cup (1 stick) salted butter, cut into chunks
- Place the spruce tips in a food processor and process them until they are finely chopped.
- Add the flour, sugar, and salt and process in bursts until fully mixed.
- Add the butter and continue to process in bursts until the dough is crumbly and starting to come together. Scoop it out of the food processor, gather it into a ball, then press it into an 8X8 baking pan, cover it with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- While the dough is chilling, preheat your oven to 350F. When the dough has chilled, place it in the oven and bake until it is lightly golden, about 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Cut into squares and eat, or crumble to use as cookie crumbs in other recipes. You can store the cookies in an airtight container for up to a week, and they also freeze well.