If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I just had dinner at my friend Alison's and she was making guacamole; she prepped everything before cutting into the avocados which she soon discovered were overipe. She was also making a bulgar salad and had cooked the bulgar and chopped the mint. So the guac prep went into the bulgar and mint and it was delicious. —Sadassa_Ulna
- 2 cups bulgar
- 2 cups stock or water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 3-4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons mint, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2-3 tablespoons parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- some chopped avocado?
- Pour bulgar into a large saucepan or heatproof bowl; meanwhile heat water or stock in a small saucepan to a boil, then pour over bulgar and cover. Allow to sit for 40 - 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile whisk all remaining ingredients (minus tomatoes) in a medium sized bowl.
- When bulgar is done add tomatoes pour dressing over all; toss to mix. Serve at room temperature.
- Chopped avocado would be a great addition!