If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I know tofu and enchiladas seem like an absolute Mexican food sin, but I’m lactose intolerant, so being a lover of cheese enchiladas can get pretty depressing. That’s why when I discovered Trader Joe’s black bean and corn enchiladas in their frozen section I was forever sold. The tofu they use in these enchiladas almost acts like a cheese substitute because of it’s texture, and because they are packed with veggies, they are also healthy. I have been determined to throw these together myself so that I didn’t have to keep stocking up on the frozen ones for lunch at work.
Last week, I ventured to Trader Joe’s for the sole purpose of reading the list of ingredients on the back of the frozen tofu enchilada package, and then purchasing everything I needed right then and there to recreate them. They turned out fresher and extremely similar to the frozen ones, and I couldn’t have been more excited. —Dionna Mash
Serves 4-6 people
ounces can of black beans, rinsed
cups frozen corn
packet oranic, firm Trader Joe's tofu
cup black olives, chopped
green bell pepper diced
ounces bottle of your favorite enchilada sauce
cloves garlic, minced
small onion diced
tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add chopped onion until translucent.
- Add chopped garlic to the pan and cook until fragrant.
- Add bell pepper, tofu, frozen corn, and black beans until warm throughout (about 5-7 minutes)
- Pour about 1/3 cup of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of a 13"x19" baking dish
- Hold one tortilla in your hand, and spoon veggie mixture into tortilla. Roll up, and place seam side down in the baking dish. Repeat until baking dish is full.
- Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the top of the enchiladas.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soy