Author Notes: This is a faaaabulous new twist on icky lima bean centered succotash- brussels sprouts are the delicious star of this dish! —crispylikechicken
cloves of garlic
pound fresh brussels sprouts
ounces lima beans
cups grape tomatoes
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add bacon to a LARGE saute pan with olive oil (a few turns of the pan) and allow to crisp (5-6 minutes on medium heat).
- While bacon is cooking, remove the bases of brussels sprouts (you can do a straight chop across the base but I prefer to hull them as you would a strawberry). Cut the brussels sprouts in half lengthwise and add to the bacon- allow to saute for another 5 minutes until they begin to soften. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the juice of one lemon to the pan and stir- scraping all the yummy bacon pieces off the bottom.
- Add corn to the pan and allow it to caramelize- about 5 minutes.
- Once corn starts to caramelize, toss in lima beans and immediately transfer to a glass baking dish and put in the oven for 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally, until the brussels sprouts caramelize. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- While the brussels sprout mixture is in the oven, slice grape tomatoes and parsley.
- When brussels sprouts have started to brown remove mixture from the oven and transfer to a bowl- toss with tomatoes and parsley and serve immediately.