Author Notes: This sandwich combines leftover roast turkey with creamy Brie, peppery arugula, tart cranberry sauce and nutty bread. The flavours complement one another and are a perfect way to use up the last of your Thanksgiving turkey. Serve with a glass of Pinot Noir for an easy evening meal. —menumaniac
Serves: one sandwich
cup roast turkey, roughly shredded
3 or 4
slices of triple creme Brie
tablespoons cranberry sauce, preferably homemade
cup baby arugula or spinach
thick slices of walnut bread
Extra virgin olive oil
Fresh ground pepper
- Lightly brush both sides of bread with olive oil.
- Place arugula on one slice of bread, top with turkey, brie and cranberry sauce. Add a little fresh ground pepper. Place the other piece of bread on top.
- Cook in a panini press for 3-4 minutes or in a non-stick frying pan pressing down with a spatula or heavy pan. (If using a frying pan, you will need to flip the sandwich after 2 minutes.)
- Cut the sandwich in half and serve with a glass of Pinot Noir.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Turkey Leftovers