If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Raid the farmers and enjoy fresh summer vegetable quesadillas —thecornerktichen
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup summer squash, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup zucchini, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup white corn, sliced from the cob
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained & rinsed
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas
- 2 cups Monterrey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and sweat, without obtaining any color, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add squash, zucchini, corn and black beans and saute until vegetables are soft, about 5-8 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Place 4 tortillas on a large baking sheet. Top each tortilla with 1/4 cup of cheese. Top with vegetable mixture and cilantro. Top with remaining cheese, and finally the remaining tortillas.
- Bake until golden, about 8-10 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven, and let quesadillas cool slightly.
- Slice in quarters and serve with salsa.