If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A visit to the Union Square Market at the end of a week on a Friday afternoon found me with a bag of clams, the most beautiful head of purple kale from Lucky Dog farm and farm fresh eggs. No eggs are used in this recipes but they are a staple I buy at the farmer's market. I might also add, I grabbed myself a Red Jacket apricot juice. —FoodD
Serves: 2 hungry folks
- D vein the kale
- Rough chop into bite size pieces
- Wash well in cold water - in a colander
- Add enough olive oil to coat the bottom of a hot pan. Be mindful to get excess water off the leaves before adding to hot oil.
- Add the washed bite sized kale pieces and cook off until just green and softened
splashes Sauvingnon Blanc
- Steam off clams in 1/2 C of salted water with a bay leaf, garlic cloves and black pepper corns for about 10 mins.
- Add chopped cooked clams to hot pan w/oil, minced garlic and chopped pepperdew and a splash of white wine.
- Top the wilted kale with the cooked clams. Dig in!