Author Notes: A visit to the Union Square Market at the end of a week on a Friday afternoon found me with a bag of clams, the most beautiful head of purple kale from Lucky Dog farm and farm fresh eggs. No eggs are used in this recipes but they are a staple I buy at the farmer's market. I might also add, I grabbed myself a Red Jacket apricot juice. —FoodD
Serves: 2 hungry folks
splashes Sauvingnon Blanc
- D vein the kale
- Rough chop into bite size pieces
- Wash well in cold water - in a colander
- Add enough olive oil to coat the bottom of a hot pan. Be mindful to get excess water off the leaves before adding to hot oil.
- Add the washed bite sized kale pieces and cook off until just green and softened
- Steam off clams in 1/2 C of salted water with a bay leaf, garlic cloves and black pepper corns for about 10 mins.
- Add chopped cooked clams to hot pan w/oil, minced garlic and chopped pepperdew and a splash of white wine.
- Top the wilted kale with the cooked clams. Dig in!