Author Notes: Who knew making jam was so easy??? To be honest canning scares me - boiling bottles, sealing yada, yada, yada...not for me. BUT freezer jam is beyond easy - crush, stir, pour, done. Easy peasy.
Of course, freezer jam can't sit in your pantry because it is not properly sealed but it is great to make small batches of jam - keep a few jars for your family and give away the others to deserving friends!
This jam has not only sweet, delicious raspberries but also a hit of lime zest which adds an amazing citrus zing to the jam. —Ceecee Lee
Makes: 6 x 1 cup jars
cups crushed fresh raspberries
packet freezer pectin (45g)
- Stir sugar, zest and pectin in a large bowl.
- Add crushed raspberries and stir for 3 minutes. Note: easiest way to crush berries is pulsing in food processor.
- Spoon into 6 x 250ml (1 c) preserving jars. Wipe clean and add lid and ring. Close tightly.
- Let sit for 30 minutes so it thickens.
- Refrigerate - will last up to 3 weeks or Freeze - will last up to 3 months.