If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is a Sunday evening attempt to cook something healthy and use up all the summer squash in my fridge. —aussiefoodie
- 1 Medium green zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 3 tablespoons diced sundried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup grated parmessan cheese
- 1/4 cup soft cheese such as cojita
- 3 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Slice the zucchini in half and scoop out the pulp. Dice up the pulp.
- Saute onions in olive oil for 2 minutes, then add garlic and jalapeno. Once onion is golden, add zucchini and cook for 2 minutes over medium heat. Add tomato and sundried tomatoes and cook until zucchini is brown and liquid is reduced (about 5 minutes). Season with paprika and pepper.
- Remove from heat, and transfer to a medium sized bowl. Mix in the cheeses, basil and breadcrumbs. Add more breadcrumbs if mixture is very wet.
- Spoon mixture into zucchini halves and bake at 400F for 20 minutes or until browned.