Author Notes: Low sugar ice cream with an intriguing flavor.
A simple but intriguing variation of this same principle is just four ingredients: strawberries, buttermilk, heavy cream and miracle berries —SuAh
Makes 3 pints
- 10 pieces Miracle berry (Synsepalum dulcificum)
- 2 cups Buttermilk
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract (or seeds extracted from half vanilla bean)
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cardamom OR cinnamon (optional)
- 4 pieces Birds Eye Chilis (or other fresh chilis) (optional)
- Purée miracle berries and chilis in a few tablespoons of buttermilk.
- Add heavy cream and remainder of buttermilk and blend to make the base.
- Strain the mixture to remove fruit solids.
- Add vanilla and/or spices to strained mixture and mix again.
- Follow ice cream maker instructions to prepare an ice cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Ice Cream
More Great Recipes: Ice Cream & Frozen Desserts