Author Notes: Every since I discovered basmati rice with whole spices, I haven't looked back. Easy, scented and packed with flavour.... —Kitchen Butterfly
tablespoon butter or ghee
teaspoon cumin seeds
basmati rice (soaked for 10 minutes, rinsed and drained
In This Recipe
- Put butter/ghee in a pan and heat till melted
- Add spices to melted butter/ghee and heat through till fragrant
- Add coconut milk, water and tumeric to spice mix and then add rice.
- Stir again and bring the pot of rice to the boil, covered. Once it reaches the boil, turn down the heat and let simmer, about 15 minutes.
- If rice is not cooked, add a bit more water and cook for another 5 minutes. Once ready, turn off heat, take off cover and place a tea towel over pot
- Serve with steamed carrots and green beans and a curry
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory Rice Dish