Author Notes: We have a day-after-Thanksgiving party every year, and the crowd always gathers around the sandwich station, where I teach the uninitiated to make my family’s favorite sandwich. —MrsWheelbarrow
slices challah, preferably homemade
Good Jewish Chopped Chicken Liver
Cornbread, Bacon, Onion & Apple Dressing (or your favorite stuffing recipe)
Leftover Roast Turkey
- Spread each slice of bread with mayonnaise.
- Add a nice thick schmear of chopped liver on one of the slices.
- Press some dressing on one side of the sandwich.
- Spoon some cranberries over the dressing, let the juices sink in.
- Layer some turkey over the cranberries.
- Top with the other slice of mayonnaise’d bread.
- Press down a little, just so you can fit it in your mouth. Cut it in half to look polite.
- Enjoy. Once a year. Maybe twice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Turkey Leftovers