If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'm from Columbus, OH and love Jeni's. I have her book and modified her Goat Cheese and Roasted Cherry Ice Cream because there is a fig tree in the backyard, and I love brie and the two would go together in ice cream wonderfully. I also didn't have cream cheese, and only about 2 tbsn Naefchatel cheese so I increased the brie —ktsai.214
Makes: "generous 1 quart"
Brie Ice Cream Mix
cups whole milk
1 tsn cornstarch
ounces brie cheese, rind removed
tablespoons Naefchatel cheese
cups heavy cream
cup light corn syrup
- Jeni's Prep- " mix about 2 tbsn milk with cornstarch in small bowl to make a smooth slurry," divide brie and Naefchatel cheese into tiny pieces and mix together in a large bowl
- Jeni's Cook- "combine remaining milk, the cream, sugar, and corn syrup in a 4 quart saucepan, bring to a rolling boil over m-h heat and boil for 4 min.remove from heat & gradually whisk in cornstarch slurry, bring mixture back to boiling over m-h heat, stirring with a rubber spatula until thickened, about 1 min. remove from heat"
- Jeni's Chill- "gradually whisk hot milk mixture into cheese mixture until smooth." whisk well with each small addition of the hot milk mixture to ensure smoothness. cover and chill in refrigerator while ice cream make in freezer overnight.
- Jeni's Freeze- " pour ice cream based into frozen ice cream maker until thick and creamy. pack . . . into storage container, alternating with" fig sauce. "do not mix. press a sheet of" wax paper "directly against the surface, and seal with an airtight lid." Freeze overnight
cup fresh fig seeds (druplets)
- hear in small saucepan over medium high heat until well combined, remove from heat and allow it to cool before use. if making for brie ice cream, it's best to make before ice cream is put into ice cream maker. it can cool as you are spinning the ice cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Ice Cream