If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It can be hard to give up favorite taste combinations in favor of living a more healthful and sustainable life. Yet this recipe has the same whop as the real deal and without the guilt of eating meat! —Natasha dos Santos
Makes 1 small pizza
Fake hot wings
- 1/2 cup Your favorite hot sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter or vegan substitute
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 3 frozen "chicken" patties
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 handful parsley, rough chopped
- 2 stalks of scallions, sliced and diced
- 2 garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup bleu cheese
- olive oil
- Buy pizza dough from your favorite pizzeria. This may feel like cheating but why make life harder. Or use your personal best recipe for dough. Make sure the dough has some time to warm up before baking.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Also take out three breaded "chicken" patties and allow them to thaw.
- In a small sauce pan, use a low-medium heat to warm up the hot sauce, butter and clove of crushed garlic. Stir occasionally.
- Begin veggie and herb prep. Set aside.
- Dice the "chicken" patties. Throw into the hot wing sauce once the butter has melted and toss until fully coated. Set aside.
- Use a pan of your chosing for the pizza. Lightly oil and flour the pan. Lightly flour your hands and toss dough until it is evenly stretched out and no more than 1 cm thick. Lay dough on the pan and throw in the oven for 7 minutes or until the dough turns slightly golden.
- Remove dough from the oven and carefully brush with olive oil.
- Evenly scatter toppings. I suggest to layer from bottom to top: onions, garlic, parsley, diced "chicken" and be sure to drizzle and extra hot sauce on the pizza, then diced tomatoes, scallions. Sprinkle bleu cheese in clusters and use sparingly. Be sure to brush the crust with olive oil. Dust with salt and pepper.
- Bake the pizza until the crust brown and the cheese gets all melty good.