If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Peach season here in the Pacific Northwest happily coincides with our all-too-brief grilling season. I love grilled peaches and I love frozen treats, and what do you know? combining the two makes for a great summer treat. Grilling the peaches before mixing them into a sorbet deepens the peach flavor and gives just a hint of an extra savory layer to the flavor. It's a great way to maximize flavor from a minimum of ingredients. —vrunka
- 6 peaches, peeled and halved
- 2 cans coconut milk (not light)
- 1/2 cup honey (or sugar, but I like the floral flavor in honey)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Heat the grill to medium high. Grill the peaches on both sides until they are nicely browned, but not singed black. That should take about 3-4 minutes per side. Set aside to cool.
- Open the coconut milk cans and scoop off the solids on top. Reserve the liquid for another use. You should have approximately 2 cups of coconut cream. If you don't have quite enough, you can add a bit of the coconut water at the bottom of the can, too.
- Add the coconut cream along with the peaches, honey, cinnamon, vanilla, and sugar to a blender and mix on high until very smooth.
- Let the mixture cool completely, then add it to your ice cream maker. Follow your ice cream maker's directions and enjoy your smooth, rich sorbet!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Ice Cream