If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Here is a basic recipe for a gluten-free, GMO-free sweet porridge. There are many similar recipes, the most outstanding being spowell's Sweet Quinoa which deliciously incorporates coconut milk! The aroma of this spice combination reminds me of the holidays which feels like a special treat, and the raisins and chopped blanched almonds add balance and texture. Serve with your favorite fresh fruit for a wholesome breakfast. —Cook GMO-Free
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup quinoa, washed and ready
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 handful chopped blanched almonds
- Bring water, quinoa, and salt to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir, cooking approximately 15 minutes, with spices and raisins. Cook until water is sufficiently absorbed and quinoa is fluffable.
- Stir in honey. Serve topped with chopped blanched almonds.