Author Notes: Very simple salad, but full of flavor. One of my favorites... —lowecc
bunches bunches Spinach, leaves only
cup Sliced Almonds
Large Apple , diced
tablespoons Green Onions, sliced
cup Olive Oil
tablespoons Tarragon Vinegar
tablespoons Bacon Drippings
teaspoon Dry Mustard
- Wash & drain spinach leaves, chill for 2 hours.
- Fry bacon until crisp; reserve 3 Tbl of drippings, crumble bacon and set aside
- Sauté Almonds and green onions in remaining bacon drippings until almonds are lightly browned, set aside
- Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Core & dice apple.
- Break spinach into bite size pieces and place in large serving bowl.
- Add almond onion mixture and apple.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss gently to coat.
More Great Recipes: