If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Very simple salad, but full of flavor. One of my favorites... —lowecc
- 2 bunches bunches Spinach, leaves only
- 6 Slices Bacon
- 1/3 cup Sliced Almonds
- 1 Large Apple , diced
- 3 tablespoons Green Onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Tarragon Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon Salt
- 3 tablespoons Bacon Drippings
- 1/2 teaspoon Dry Mustard
- Wash & drain spinach leaves, chill for 2 hours.
- Fry bacon until crisp; reserve 3 Tbl of drippings, crumble bacon and set aside
- Sauté Almonds and green onions in remaining bacon drippings until almonds are lightly browned, set aside
- Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Core & dice apple.
- Break spinach into bite size pieces and place in large serving bowl.
- Add almond onion mixture and apple.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss gently to coat.
More Great Recipes: