These wraps are perfect for a late summer lunch; they're light and fresh but the chickpeas and pistachios keep them substantial enough for a main course. They're also a great way to use up late summer vegetables. —Cathy Likes Cheese
- Serves 4
Red bell peppers
Red onion, chopped
Cloves garlic, minced
Stalk broccoli, florets only
Salt and pepper to taste
Head butter lettuce
In This Recipe
- Place bell peppers about 3 inches below broiler and roast until blackened on one side, then flip and blacken on the other side. When the peppers are done, transfer them to a plastic bag and seal.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet and add onion. Sautée on medium heat until softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop broccoli florets so they're in small chunks, about the size of the chickpeas.
- Add broccoli to the skillet and continue to cook over medium heat until the broccoli is cooked through, about 5 minutes, stirring often so the vegetables brown slightly but do not burn. Transfer to a large bowl and add the capers.
- Wipe out the skillet and heat it over medium heat. Add pistachos and toast about a minute. Chop pistachos and add to the bowl with the onions and broccoli.
- When the peppers have cooled enough to handle, peel and chop them into 1 inch slices. Add to the bowl.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and add to bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk pesto and vinegar together. Stir the vinaigrette into the bowl with the vegetables and add salt and pepper to taste. Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Peel 8 largest leaves off the butter lettuce, rinse, and pat dry.
- Place about a 1/4 cup of the chickpea vegetable salad into each lettuce leaf. Wrap and enjoy!