If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by the lobster rolls from Pearl's Oyster Bar in New York, these rolls will make you the talk of any town, regardless if you are by land or by sea. Original recipe by Coastal Living Magazine, who suggest using Maine lobsters. Any type lobster will suffice! —chelsbest
- 4 1 lb Lobster (or 1 lb. lobster meat)
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 Hotdog buns
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives (optional as garnish)
- Throw your lobsters into a big pot rapidly boiling water. Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until done. Plunge lobsters into ice cold water bath for 10 minutes to stop cooking, and cool thoroughly. Drain and seperate tail and claws. Bash the shells and remove all meat, and chop meat into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Combine lobster meat, mayonnaise, and next four ingredients. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Press open buns, and place in skillet, turning to coat both sides. Cook buns until golden brown on both sides.
- Fill buns lobster filling, and sprinkle with chopped chives, as an option.