If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My daughter-in-law loves chicken livers and for her birthday dinner, she requested vegetarian posole (hominy stew) and red velvet cake. She wanted to ask for chicken livers too, but was worried that the flavors wouldn't go together. The final menu was vegetarian posole, tostadas, cabbage and sweet pepper slaw with a vinaigrette dressing and these dhicken livers. —weshook
Makes 1 lb. of chicken livers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound chicken livers
- 2 jalapenos, finely julienned
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 lime
- Heat the oil in a 9-inch skillet over medium to medium high heat.
- Rinse and drain the chicken livers, patting dry as needed.
- Add the chicken livers, jalapenos and garlic to the hot pan. Cook, stirring gently but mainly just turning the livers over. Stirring too hard will result in in more of a pate texture. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the chicken livers are cooked through, add the green onions and cilantro. Stir gently. Squeeze the juice from the half lime over the chicken livers.