If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I’ve been a non-dairy girl for about 5 years (after the birth of my youngest). Here’s another Dana’s Bread recipe gone non-dairy, and vegan … Vegan Chic – Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Chip Cake!! This recipe has been tweaked, rigorously tested, and enthusiastically embraced by my family (even the carnivores and dairy drinkers among Team Bueno). I still haven’t told my teenager the cake is vegan. She’s been enjoying it as a quick breakfast before school. If you tell her I’m sure she won’t be surprised though — she’d roll her eyes and say, “Yep, that’s my mom!” —danabueno
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 3/4 cup expeller pressed coconut oil, or safflower oil
- 1 1/2 cups pureed ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened is best
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 9 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together brown sugar, sugar, oil, pureed banana, and vanilla until smooth.
- Fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until mostly mixed and then add the almond milk.
- Fold ingredients until incorporated and add the chocolate chocolate chips until just mixed. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 45 minutes.