I thoroughly enjoy my seafood and pork ideally a bacon wrapped scallop but lets be honest, this isn't the 1980's. I wanted something original and refreshing in these last few warm weeks. —juan-carlos valadez
1. Put a pan on low heat and put bacon to cook for 15 to 20 minutes until the majority of the fat is rendered to use for ceviche mixture.
2. Save the bacon fat.
3. Thinly slice all 4 scallops very thin sashimi style or on a mandolin and reserve.
4. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a blender except fo the bacon fat and bacon.
5. Puree it all and slowly pour in the bacon fat until it the puree is emulsified.
6. Pour mixture over the scallops and let chill over night in the fridge.
7.Chop the bacon very fine like a dust.
Use a mold and stack the scallops in it. brush any extra bacon fat on the scallop pile. top with chopped red onions, cucumbers, or herbs and the chopped bacon dust. I always keep pickled red onions so I used that
Salad and Candied bacon
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. mix the cinnamon and sugar together, then rub it on the bacon.
3. place bacon on an oven safe tray and cook about 10 minutes or until the bacon is cooked and hardened like candy. Take out and cool. save the bacon fat.
4. mix the lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl.
5. whisk in the reserved fat and oil in slowly
6. dress the salad greens and apples and toss with it
Place salad on the plate and top with broken candied bacon pieces.