If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: 2 other optional sauces. Nouc Mam and Sweet and Sour sauce. Don't use too much sauce have a little bit of each to get depth of flavor. —Chef Le
Hawaiian Scallops w/ sauce
- 8 Fresh Scallops
- 10 ounces Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Diced green bell pepper
- Cornstarch (as needed)
- 1/4 cup Chopped onion
- 8 Spring rolls
- 1/4 Julienne carrot
- 1/4 Julienne Daikon
- 2 ounces Vermicilli noodles (boiled and drained)
- 8 Rice wrappers
- 1 1/3 tablespoons Sliced Basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons Sliced Mint Leaves
- 3 tablespoons Chopped Cilantro
- Nouc Mam
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 chili pepper (thinly sliced)
- Siracha (as needed)
- 1 Grilled Banh Mi (buttered)
- 3 Minced Garlic Cloves
- Chopped Chives (garnish)
- Parsley (garnish)
- Mix the pineapple juice, salt, pepper and green pepper. Marinate Scallops in the mixture overnight. Prep the ingredients for the spring rolls. Chill the prepped ingredients in fridge. Make the Nouc Mam Sauce and chill it.
- Take the marination and simmer in saucepan. add brown sugar and corn starch to thicken. reduce to a smooth glaze. 5-10 mins depending on amount of corn starch. Store in container and keep at room temp. if it gets too thick, hot hold the sauce.
- Combine minced garlic and butter. grill on buttered side until crispy, but not too charred. about 2-3 mins. Set aside.
- Salt the vegetables and vermicilli. Assemble the spring rolls by dipping rice wrappers in warm water, then putting ingredients in the middle. Roll it up with your papers very tight and don't forget the tuck. You don't want a sloppy and loose presentation. Let it chill. Take out
- Brush the grill w/ veggie oil. Take out the scallops, salt & pepper and grill for 3 minutes on each side. Feel for a medium soft interior and charred exterior. You want the scallop to melt and have a smooth mouthfeel.
- Drop a dollop of the reduction sauce and spread it. Place the Banh Mi Crostini horizantally across the plate. Place 2 scallops on top of the crostinis and then cut the spring rolls in half. Top the crostinis with the open faced half spring roll. Drizzle the whole dish with the nouc mam. Garnish with parsley and chopped chives.
- 1 nothing