Author Notes: This is an incredibly easy recipe for crab (or should you be so lucky, leftover lobster) pasta which is perfect for a cold winter night with some warm bread, a crisp green salad, and a glass of red wine in front of the fireplace. —love2cook
cloves of garlic, chopped
teaspoon hot pepper flakes (or more to taste)
tablespoons olive oil
ounces good quality crab (more if you so desire or diced leftover lobster)
ounces can of petite diced tomatoes
dashes salt to taste
drops fresh lemon juice
pound cooked liguine
- Bring your pasta pot to a boil. Salt your water and cook your pasta al dente.
- While your pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the chopped garlic and crushed red pepper and stir briskly while the garlic turns light and softens (be careful not to burn your pepper flakes). Add the diced tomatoes and stir to incorporate the garlic and pepper flakes.
- Add your crab (or lobster) and simmer on medium heat while your pasta cooks. Salt to taste. Add a few drops of fresh lemon juice to brighten.
- Drain your pasta and add to the crab skillet, tossing it to coat the pasta. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe, Part 2
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish