If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I created this Recipe about 5 years ago. It is really simple and from all my tasters comments it is Fantastic. —Radiochief
Makes about 22 slices
Olive Oil, 1 Head of Garlic, minced, 1 teaspoon of dried Thyme
- 1 cup EVOO
- 1 HEAD Fresh Garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme( rounded )
French Bread, Shreded Combination Mozzerilla/ Provalone Cheese
- 1 Lrg. Loaf French Bread
- 1 pkg. Comb. Mozzerella/Provalone ( Sargentos)
- Add the Oil, Minced Garlic and the teaspoon of dried Thyme to a small saute pan. Simmer for 5 to ten minutes until the Garlic is fragrant and just starting to lightly brown. Remove from the heat and now this is Garlic Oil.
- Pre Heat Oven to 350 degrees. Cut the Bread on a bias and position to a baking sheet. single layer. Place the pan in the oven and bake for about 4-5 minutes. Test several pieces for just a slightly CRISP touch. Remove the pan from the oven and turn over each slice and the return pan to the oven for about 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven
- Paint ,generously each slice with the prepared Garlic oil. Place a small handful of the shred ed Cheeses on each piece and the pace the pan under the Broiler for about 1 + minutes to melt the cheese. Watch carefully so that the bread does not burn
More Great Recipes: Bread, Rolls & Muffins