Author Notes: I stole this idea from an appetizer at a work function. It's easy and looks fancy without too much effort. Pomegranate molasses can be found at any Middle Eastern market/grocery store. If you can't find it, use balsamic vinegar that has been reduced until it's a syrup consistency. —HalfPint
- 20 bacon slices, uncooked
- 60 whole dates, pitted
- pomegranate molasses or reduced balsamic vinegar
- plain wooden toothpicks
- Cut bacon slices into thirds. Wrap each third around a date. Secure with a toothpick. Lay on a baking sheet with a rim.
- Bake at 425F until the bacon is crispy and browned to your liking.
- Remove from oven and remove excess fat with paper towels. Place on a large platter.
- Lightly drizzle with molasses or reduced vinegar. Serve and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre