If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made up these little tomatoes one day to take to a function.
I was going to make then into salad, but they looked so good, I decided to improvise and make them as an appetiser —Lynnellen
- 3 Spring onions chopped fine
- 1/4 bell pepper (any colour)
- 1 splash gherkin relish - or a couple of gherkins chopped.
- 2 pinches paprika
- few sprigs basil
- 8 ounces philadelphia cream cheese
- 8 ounces neufchaetel cheese ( or 2 philadelphia)
- Wash tomatoes and slice the tops 3/4 way through so they are still attached. Scoop out the pulp from the tomatoes, and put aside to a separate bowl. Drain tomatoes upside down on a paper towel.
- Beat by hand or with beater the 2 cream cheese. Finely slice the onions, bell pepper, you can add parsley or fresh basil if you would like, add in the gherkin relish or finely sliced gherkins, then add some of the tomato pulp to make a nice consistency. Too much and it will be too wet.
- Stuff tomatoes with the cream mixture - you can add a small sprig of parsley or basil as decoration.
More Great Recipes: