If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love to make homemade Christmas gifts for my friends and family. One of my favorite things to give is jars of this delicious, rich hot fudge sauce. This recipe was given to my husband's family by their friend, Rhoda, years ago. During the holiday season I substitute peppermint extract for the vanilla in the original recipe to give it a nice festive holiday flavor. The recipe is easy to make, it usually takes me about 2 of my daughter's afternoon naptimes to get all the jars prepared for my list of recipients. Of course, I save a jar for myself too, I love to eat it poured over vanilla ice-cream. —Kelsey Banfield
Serves: 4 cups
cups unsweetened cocoa
cup brown sugar
cups heavy cream
cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
teaspoons Peppermint extract (or vanilla extract, if you want plain hot fudge sauce)
- Set up a double boiler on your stovetop by placing a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water.
- Stir the cocoa, sugar, brown sugar and salt together in a bowl. Then place it in the double boiler. Immediately pour in cream and butter pieces. Stir constantly until all the ingredients become a smooth, glossy hot fudge sauce. About 5 minutes.
- Add the peppermint extract to the sauce and stir well to incorporate. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Pour into sterilized jars to giveaway as gifts. Make sure to save a few spoonfuls for yourself, too!
- Note: The recipe doubles or triples well if you are making a lot to give away.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift