This dish is simply spiced and delicately flavored by the spicy pork sausage and Parmesan cheese with hint of zing from the red peppers and a bit of sweetness from the fennel. It's a "lick your plate when finished" kind of good :) —Emily Weinberger
red pepper, diced
fennel bulb, stalks and core removed, cut in half and sliced thin
Italian sausages, cut into chunks, I kept the casings on
dry white wine
In This Recipe
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook according to the directions on the box (Drain and reserve 1/2 cup of starchy water).
2. In a medium saute pan, saute the pepper, fennel and garlic on medium heat until soft. About 5-6 minutes.
3. Add in the sausage and saute for another 4-5 minutes to render the fat and brown a little on the outside.
4. Pour in the wine. Bring that to a boil and let it reduce about half way (approximately 10 minutes).
5. Now add in the stock. Bring it to a a boil and let it reduce by half (approximately 10 minutes).
6. Add in the drained pasta and stir to combine the ingredients. Toss in the cheese and mix together well until melted. Season with salt and pepper if needed, but the sausage usually adds enough saltiness. Serve immediately.