If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was a product of desperation; an "it's 5 o'clock and I have nothing planned for dinner" dinner. Super quick and easy, I was able to utilize some of my peppers, tomatoes, and herbs from the garden, along with some staples from the pantry and fridge (ok, feta is not necessarily a "staple," but I got lucky). For the herbs, you can definitely use whatever you have; I used cilantro and parsley, but herbs like mint, dill, or basil would also be delicious. Serves 4-6, depending on whether it is used as a main dish or side dish. —fridgehunter
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups cooked red kidney beans (1 can, rinsed and drained)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans (1 can, rinsed and drained)
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1 handful grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- juice of 1 small lemon
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 handful chopped herbs, like cilantro and parsley
- 1 handful slivered almonds
- 1 handful feta cheese
- Cook the quinoa in water, according to package instructions. Add a dash of salt and olive oil for flavor.
- In a big beautiful salad bowl, combine all ingredients except almonds and feta. Stir carefully, taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Add almonds and feta, stirring very delicately so as to not mash the beans and feta crumbles.