If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've had this cookie recipe for years and it is just recently that I decided to modify it a little bit and turn it into sandwich cookies. The inspiration came from one of my favorite cookies - the Alfajores (Argentinian Cookies). —Maya Moscovich
Makes about 20-25 sandwich cookies
- 7.75 ounces Unsalted Butter – Room temperature or melted (220gr )
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour (240gr)
- 1 cup Corn Starch (100gr)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3/4 cup Icing Sugar (or fine white sugar)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Can Carmel Crème (Dolche De Leche) – for filling
- Preheat oven to 325F (160C)
- In a mixer bowl, place all ingredients (except for the Caramel Crème) and mix until combined into soft dough. If you are using melted butter, place dough in refrigerator for about 15-20 minutes before using.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop dough and form into small balls (3/4-1 inch). Flatten balls until they are about 1/2cm (1/4 inch) thick and place on baking paper layered baking pan.
- Place in preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes until golden. Set cookies aside to cool – do not touch them before they cool off.
- Divide cookies into groups of 2 and spread some caramel crème on one cookie and cover with the other while gently twisting.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vanilla
More Great Recipes: Cookies