Author Notes: I've had this cookie recipe for years and it is just recently that I decided to modify it a little bit and turn it into sandwich cookies. The inspiration came from one of my favorite cookies - the Alfajores (Argentinian Cookies). —Maya Moscovich
Makes: about 20-25 sandwich cookies
ounces Unsalted Butter – Room temperature or melted (220gr )
cups All Purpose Flour (240gr)
cup Corn Starch (100gr)
teaspoon Baking Powder
cup Icing Sugar (or fine white sugar)
teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Can Carmel Crème (Dolche De Leche) – for filling
- Preheat oven to 325F (160C)
- In a mixer bowl, place all ingredients (except for the Caramel Crème) and mix until combined into soft dough. If you are using melted butter, place dough in refrigerator for about 15-20 minutes before using.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop dough and form into small balls (3/4-1 inch). Flatten balls until they are about 1/2cm (1/4 inch) thick and place on baking paper layered baking pan.
- Place in preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes until golden. Set cookies aside to cool – do not touch them before they cool off.
- Divide cookies into groups of 2 and spread some caramel crème on one cookie and cover with the other while gently twisting.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vanilla