If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made this a few days ago in about half an hour and in one pot. Therefore this recipe may be my new kitchen god. It’s creamy, satisfying AND vegan, plus it works well as both a main or a side dish. Aaaaaand the leftovers are great for lunch. If you don’t eat it for breakfast, that is.
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 1 head of cauliflower, riced in a food processor or grated
- 1/2 cup stock of your choice
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 3/4 cups pumpkin puree (1 can)
- 2/3 cup coconut milk (full fat works best)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- teaspoons black pepper, to taste (1/4 - 1/2 tsp)
- Fresh sage and nutmeg to taste
- Preferred oil to saute
- Roughly chop the cauliflower and either pulse in food processor or grate until rice-sized. Set aside.
- In a large pan, saute your diced onion and pepper in a little oil until softened.
- Add the cauliflower, sage, seasonings, tomato paste and stock to the pan and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Uncover the pan and cook off any remaining liquid.
- Add the pumpkin and coconut milk, simmer covered for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and thicken to risotto-like creaminess, 5 - 10 minutes.
- Top with grated nutmeg to taste and serve.