If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Turning simple roasted sweet potatoes into a deeply flavorful, creamy-but-vegan soup is a breeze when you blend them with slowly cooked onions and prepared vegetable stock. —Weird & Ravenous
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced (about 2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons ground curry powder
- 1 pint good quality vegetable stock
- Coarse sea salt
- Cilantro and toasted pumpkin seeds for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Toss the sweet potatoes, 2 tablespoons of the coconut oil and cinnamon together on a parchment-lined baking sheet with a pinch of salt. Bake until the sweet potatoes are softened and a little bit browned, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon of coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic and curry powder and cook, stirring occassionally, until softened and browned, a solid 10 minutes.
- Combine the sweet potatoes and the onions in a blender along with the chicken stock and, working very carefully, puree until smooth.
- Season the soup to taste with salt and serve hot with a scattering of cilantro and toasted pumpkin seeds.