If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pounded chicken breast is topped with a lemon vinaigrette mixed green salad —Amy Stafford @ A Healthy Life For Me
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups arugula mixed green salad
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Organic cooking spray
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Combine lemon rind, juice, oil, and garlic in a large bowl. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- When ready to serve add arugula and toss well, making sure to coat leaves evenly.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound each piece to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. You can do this earlier in the day and cover and refrigerrate if needed.
- Heat a grill pan or a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken, and cook for 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan, and keep warm.
- On a plate, place one chicken breast top with a heaping of salad and top with a handful of tomatoes.